Adolfo D. Garnica, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Genetics & Metabolism
Email: ADGarnica@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-2966 Fax: 501-364-1564 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- BA, University of California, 1965
- SUNY, Downstate Medical Center, 1967
- M.D., University of California Medical Center, 1969
- Intern , Pediatrics, University of San Diego County, 1969-1970
- Resident, Pediatrics, University of San Diego County, 1970-1972
- Fellow, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1972-1974
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology
- Journal Article, Garnica, Adolfo. Multiple others. Lead author Lam, Christina., Garnica, AD. Expanding the Clinical and Molecular Characteristics of PIGT-CDG, a Disorder of Glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchors.. Molec. Genet. & Metab. 2015 115:128-140.
- Journal Article, Zarate YA, Shur n, Robin A, Garnica AD, Quintos JB, Schaefer GB. Persistent congenital hyperinsulinism in two patients with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome due mosaic uniparental disomy 11p.. J. Pediatr. Endocr. Metab. 2014
- Journal Article, Sellars EA, Bosanko KA, Lepard T, Garnica A, Schaefer GB. A Newborn with Complex Skeletal Abnormalities, Joint Contractures, and Bilateral Corneal Clouding with Sclerocornea. Semin Pediatr Neurol 2014 21:84-87.
- Journal Article, Garnica A., Multiple. Lead author Pengfei Liu. Chromosome Catastrophes Involve Replication Mechanisms Generating Complex Genomic Rearrangements. Cell 2011 September; 146:889-903.
- Journal Article, Garnica A., Multiple. Lead author Nicola Brunetti-Pieri. Recurrent reciprocal 1q21.1 deletions and duplications associated with microcephaly or macrocephaly and developmental and behavioral abnormalities.. Nature Genetics. 2008 December; 40(12):1468-1471.
- Journal Article, Garnica A., Multiple. Lead author Trilochan Sahoo. Prader-Willi phenotype caused by paternal deficiency for the HBII-85 C/D box small nucleolar RNA cluster. Nature Genetics 2008 June; 40(6):719-721.
Recent Grant Awards
- Morquio A Registry Study (MARS), BioMarin, 110-504, 2015-05-01 00:00:00-2025-04-30 00:00:00