Adolfo D. Garnica, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Genetics & Metabolism
Email: ADGarnica@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-2966 Fax: 501-364-1564 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- BA, University of California, 1965
- SUNY, Downstate Medical Center, 1967
- M.D., University of California Medical Center, 1969
- Intern , Pediatrics, University of San Diego County, 1969-1970
- Resident, Pediatrics, University of San Diego County, 1970-1972
- Fellow, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1972-1974
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology
- Journal Article, Garnica A., Multiple. Lead author Pengfei Liu. Chromosome Catastrophes Involve Replication Mechanisms Generating Complex Genomic Rearrangements. Cell 2011 September; 146:889-903.
- Journal Article, Garnica A., Multiple. Lead author Nicola Brunetti-Pieri. Recurrent reciprocal 1q21.1 deletions and duplications associated with microcephaly or macrocephaly and developmental and behavioral abnormalities.. Nature Genetics. 2008 December; 40(12):1468-1471.
- Journal Article, Garnica A., Multiple. Lead author Trilochan Sahoo. Prader-Willi phenotype caused by paternal deficiency for the HBII-85 C/D box small nucleolar RNA cluster. Nature Genetics 2008 June; 40(6):719-721.
Recent Grant Awards
- A Multicenter, Open-label BMN 110 US Expanded Access Program (BMN 110 US EAP) to Provide BMN 110 to Patients Dignosed with MPS IVA, BioMarin, BMN 110, 2013-03-01 00:00:00-2014-02-28 00:00:00