Juliana F. Vaughan, M.D.
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Gastroenterology, Nutrition, and Hepatology
Email: VaughanJulianaF@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1004 Fax: 501-364-6291 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.S., Lebanese University, Faculty of Sciences, 1994
- M.D., Lebanese University, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 2000
- Certification, UAMS Graduate School, 2010
- Fellow, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Emory Unversity, School Of Medicine, 2004-2007
- Intern and Resident, Pediatrics, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, 2001-2004
- Pediatric Intern, Pediatrics, American University of Beirut, Medical Center, 2000-2001
- Postgraduate Education:Certificate in Clinical and Translantional Sciences, Pediatrics, UAMS Graduate School, 2009-2010
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatrics
Clinical & Research Interests
- Clinical Research, Outcomes Research, Nutrition; Short bowel syndrome and intestinal failure
- Journal Article, Vaughan, JF. Staple line ulcers: a cause of chronic GI bleeding following STEP procedure. J Ped Surgery 2013 June; 48(6):1-3.
- Journal Article, Gibbons T., Patil S., Frem, JC., Smith C., Wakwe J., Swearingen C. Non-IgE-Mediated Cow Milk Allergy Is Linked to Early Childhood Clusters of Commonly Seen Illnesses: A Pilot Study. 2012 April; 51(4):337-44.
- Journal Article, Hickey CA., Frem, JC., Tarr PI. Early Volume Expansion During Diarrhea and Relative Nephroprotection During Subsequent Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2011 July;
- Journal Article, Frem, JC., Sarson, Y., Sternberg, T., Cole, CR. Copper supplementation in parenteral nutrition of cholestatic infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010 April;
- Journal Article, Cole, CR., Frem, JC., Schmotzer, B., Gewirtz, AT., Meddings, JB., Gold, BD. The Rate of Bloodstream Infection Is High in Infants with Short Bowel Syndrome: Relationship with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Enteral Feeding and Inflammatory and Immune Responses. J Pediatr 2010 February;
- Journal Article, Frem, JC., Gold, Benjamin., Shehata, Bahig., Cole, Conrad. Reflux Masquerader: Acute H. pylori Infection in Infants. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition 2008 46:589-592.