George J. Fuchs, III, M.D.
- Professor, College of Public Health
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Section Chief, Gastroenterology, Nutrition & Hepatology
- Gastroenterology, Nutrition, and Hepatology
Email: FuchsGeorgeJ@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1004 Fax: 501-364-6291 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, 1974
- M.D., University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, 1980
- Intern, Internal Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, 1980-1981
- Intern, Pediatrics, Phoenix Hospitals Affiliated Pediatric Program, 1980-1981
- Resident, Pediatrics, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Floating Hospital for Infants and Children, 1981-1983
- Fellow, Geographic Medicine (Infect Dis) and Ped GI, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Floating Hospital for Infants and Children, 1983-1984
- Fellow, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, 1984-1985
- Fellow, Pediatric Gastroenterology/Nutrition, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, 1985-1986
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Journal Article, Koletzko B., Bhutta ZA., Cai W., Cruchet S., Guindi ME., Fuchs GJ. Compositional Requirements of Follow-up Formula for Use in Infancy: Recommendations of an International Expert Group Coordinated by the Early Nutrition Academy.. Ann Nutr Metab 2013 62:44 - 54.
- Journal Article, Fuchs GJ. 50 Years ago in the Journal of Pediatrics: Shigellosis in Infancy and Childhood: Clinical and Cerebral Fluid Findings.. J Pediatr 2013 16:1040.
- Journal Article, Cleghorn G., Boey C., Wittenberg D., Fuchs G., Oliver M., Buttery J. Acute Infectious Diarrhea Lessons Learned From the Past?. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012 5:489 - 493.
- Journal Article, Sarker SA., Sultana S., Sattar S., Ahmed T., Beglinger C., Fuchs G. Influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on gastric acid secretion in pre-school Bangladeshi children.. Helicobacter 2012 17:333 - 339.
- Journal Article, Melnyk S., Fuchs G., Schulz E., Lopez M., Kahler SG., Fussell J. Metabolic imbalance associated with methylation dysregulation and oxidative damage in children with autism.. J Autism Dev Diord 2012 42:367 - 377.
- Journal Article, Hakkak R., Al-Dwairi A., Fuchs G., Korourian S., Simmen FA. Dietary soy protein induces hepatic lipogenic enzyme gene expression while suppressing hepatosteatosis in obese femal Zucker rats bearing DMBA-initiated mammary tumors.. Genes Nutr 2012 April (on-line advanced publication);
- Journal Article, Darmstadt GL., Osendarp SJ., Ahmed S., Feldman C., Van Raaij., Fuchs G. Effect of antenatal zinc supplementation on impetigo in infants in Bangladesh.. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2012 31:407 - 409.
- Journal Article, Coury D., Ashwood P., Fasano A., Fuchs G., Geraghty M., Kaul A. Gastrointestinal Conditions in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: developing a research agenda.. Pediatrics 2012 :S160 - S168.
- Journal Article, Furuta GT., Williams K., Kooros K., Kaul A., Panzer R., Fuchs G. Management of Constipation in Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Pediatrics 2012 :S98 - S105.
- Journal Article, Alam DS., van Raaij JM., Hautvast JG., Yunus M., Waded MA., Fuchs G. Effect of dietary fat supplementation during late pregnancy and first six month of lactation on maternal and infant vitamin A status in rural Bangladesh. J Health Popul Nutr 2010 28:333 - 342.