George J. Fuchs, III, M.D.
- Professor, College of Public Health
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Section Chief, Gastroenterology, Nutrition & Hepatology
- Gastroenterology, Nutrition, and Hepatology
Email: FuchsGeorgeJ@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1004 Fax: 501-364-6291 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, 1974
- M.D., University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, 1980
- Intern, Internal Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, 1980-1981
- Intern, Pediatrics, Phoenix Hospitals Affiliated Pediatric Program, 1980-1981
- Resident, Pediatrics, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Floating Hospital for Infants and Children, 1981-1983
- Fellow, Geographic Medicine (Infect Dis) and Ped GI, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Floating Hospital for Infants and Children, 1983-1984
- Fellow, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, 1984-1985
- Fellow, Pediatric Gastroenterology/Nutrition, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, 1985-1986
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Journal Article, Melnyk S., Fuchs G., Schulz E., Lopez M., Kahler SG., Fussell J. Metabolic imbalance associated with methylation dysregulation and oxidative damage in children with autism.. J Autism Dev Diord 2012 42:367 - 377.
- Journal Article, Hakkak R., Al-Dwairi A., Fuchs G., Korourian S., Simmen FA. Dietary soy protein induces hepatic lipogenic enzyme gene expression while suppressing hepatosteatosis in obese femal Zucker rats bearing DMBA-initiated mammary tumors.. Genes Nutr 2012 April (on-line advanced publication);
- Journal Article, Darmstadt GL., Osendarp SJ., Ahmed S., Feldman C., Van Raaij., Fuchs G. Effect of antenatal zinc supplementation on impetigo in infants in Bangladesh.. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2012 31:407 - 409.
- Journal Article, Alam DS., van Raaij JM., Hautvast JG., Yunus M., Waded MA., Fuchs G. Effect of dietary fat supplementation during late pregnancy and first six month of lactation on maternal and infant vitamin A status in rural Bangladesh. J Health Popul Nutr 2010 28:333 - 342.
- Journal Article, Buie T., Campbell D., Fuchs G., Furuta GI., Levy J., Van de Water J. Evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal disorders in individuals with ASDs: a cosensus report.. Pediatrics 2010 125:S1-S18.
- Journal Article, Buie T., Fuchs GJ., Furuta GT., Kooros K., Levy J., Lewis JD. Recommendations for evaluation and treatment of common gastrointestinal problems in children with ASDs.. Pediatrics 2010 125:S19 - S29.
- Journal Article, Gibbons, T., Fuchs G. Malnutrition: a hidden problem in hospitalized children. Clin Pediatr 2009 May; 48(4):356-61.
- Journal Article, Gibbons, TE., Sayed K., Fuchs G. Massive pan-gastrointestinal bleeding following cocaine use.. World J Pediatr 2009 5:149-51.
- Journal Article, James SJ., Melnyk S., Fuchs G., Reid T., Jernigan S., Pavliv O. Efficacy of methylcobalamin and folinic acid treatment on glutathione redox status in children with autism.. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2009 89:1-6.
- Journal Article, Sarker SA., Davidsson L., Mahmud H., Fuchs G., Alam NH., Ahmed T. Casual relationship of Helicobacter pylori infection with iron deficiency anemia and treatment failure of iron supplementation in children.. Gastroenterology 2008 135:1534-42.
Recent Grant Awards
- Fuchs F&A Match, ACHRI, 2012-09-01 00:00:00-2013-06-30 00:00:00