George J. Fuchs, III, M.D.
- Professor, College of Public Health
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Section Chief, Gastroenterology, Nutrition & Hepatology
- Gastroenterology, Nutrition, and Hepatology
Email: FuchsGeorgeJ@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-1004 Fax: 501-364-6291 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- B.A., University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, 1974
- M.D., University of Missouri - Columbia School of Medicine, 1980
- Intern, Internal Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, 1980-1981
- Intern, Pediatrics, Phoenix Hospitals Affiliated Pediatric Program, 1980-1981
- Resident, Pediatrics, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Floating Hospital for Infants and Children, 1981-1983
- Fellow, Geographic Medicine (Infect Dis) and Ped GI, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston Floating Hospital for Infants and Children, 1983-1984
- Fellow, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, 1984-1985
- Fellow, Pediatric Gastroenterology/Nutrition, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, 1985-1986
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Medical Specialties, Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Journal Article, Dassinger M., Fuchs G. Infantile Hypertophic Pyloricv Stenosis: Closing in on the Cause.. Pediatr Gastronenterol Nutr 2014 58:545 (Editorial).
- Journal Article, Frye RE., Melnyk S., Fuchs G., Reid T., Jernigan S. Effectiveness of Methylcobalamin and Folinic Acid Treatment on Adaptive Behavior in Children with Autistic Disorder Is Related to Glutathione Redox Status.. Autism Res Treat 2013 :1-9.
- Journal Article, Koletzko B., Bhutta ZA., Cai W., Cruchet S., Guindi ME., Fuchs GJ. Compositional Requirements of Follow-up Formula for Use in Infancy: Recommendations of an International Expert Group Coordinated by the Early Nutrition Academy.. Ann Nutr Metab 2013 62:44 - 54.
- Journal Article, Fuchs GJ. 50 Years ago in the Journal of Pediatrics: Shigellosis in Infancy and Childhood: Clinical and Cerebral Fluid Findings.. J Pediatr 2013 16:1040.
- Journal Article, Cleghorn G., Boey C., Wittenberg D., Fuchs G., Oliver M., Buttery J. Acute Infectious Diarrhea Lessons Learned From the Past?. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012 5:489 - 493.
- Journal Article, Sarker SA., Sultana S., Sattar S., Ahmed T., Beglinger C., Fuchs G. Influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on gastric acid secretion in pre-school Bangladeshi children.. Helicobacter 2012 17:333 - 339.
- Journal Article, Darmstadt, GL., Osendarp, SJ., Ahmed, S., Feldman, C., Fuchs G. Effect of antenatal zinc supplementration on imipetigo in infants in Bangladesh.. Pediatri Infect Dis J 2012 31:407-9.
- Journal Article, Coury D., Ashwood P., Fasano A., Fuchs G., Geraghty M., Kaul A. Gastrointestinal Conditions in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: developing a research agenda.. Pediatrics 2012 :S160 - S168.
- Journal Article, Furuta GT., Williams K., Kooros K., Kaul A., Panzer R., Fuchs G. Management of Constipation in Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Pediatrics 2012 :S98 - S105.
- Journal Article, Melnyk S., Fuchs G., Schulz E., Lopez M., Kahler SG., Fussell J. Metabolic imbalance associated with methylation dysregulation and oxidative damage in children with autism.. J Autism Dev Diord 2012 42:367 - 377.
Recent Grant Awards
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind Study o the Efficacy, Safety and PK of Lubiprostone in Pediatric Subjects aged > 6 years to < 18 years with Functional Constipation, Sucampo, 1131, 2014-02-01 00:00:00-2015-01-31 00:00:00
- Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of a Bowel Cleansing Preparation in Ped. Subjects undergoing Colonoscopy, Braintree, BLI800-501, 2014-05-20 00:00:00-2015-04-30 00:00:00