Judith L. Weber, Ph.D., R.D.
- Assistant Professor, College of Public Health
- Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
- Center for Applied Research and Evaluation
- Basic Scientist
Email: WeberJudithL@uams.edu Phone: 501-364-3382 Fax: 501-364-1552 Address: Arkansas Children's Hospital 1 Children's Way Little Rock, AR 72202
- Ph.D., University of Arizona, 1993
- B.A., Linfield College, 1979
- B.A., CA State University, 1977
- Physiology / Body Composition, Pediatrics, University of Arizona, 1994-1999
Clinical & Research Interests
- Basic Science, Translational Research, Outcomes Research, Behavioral Research, Childhood and adult obesity prevention; nutrition, physical activity and body composition; women in biomedical science research (recruitment and retention issues)
- National Nominating Committee for Research DPG, American Dietetic Association, 2007
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Leadership Institute for Directors and Administrators, UAMS Leadership Institute, 2008
- UAMS College of Medicine Institutional Representative, Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Women in Medicine (GWIMS), 2009
- Chair, National Nominating Committee for Research Dietetic Practice Group, American Dietetic Association, 2009
- UAMS Phenomenal Woman Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2011
- Research and Product Development Subcommittee, Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS), 2012
- UAMS Phenomenal Woman Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2012
- Mayor's Day of Recognition for National Service, City of Little Rock, 2014
- Journal Article, Urban LE., Weber JL., Heyman MB., Schichtl RL., Verstraete S., Lowery NS., Das SK., Schleicher MM., Rogers G., Economos C., Masters WA., Roberts SB. Energy contents of frequently ordered restaurant meals and comparison with human energy requirements and US Department of Agriculture Database Information: A multisite randomized study. JAND 2016 116(4):590-598.
- Journal Article, Urban LE., Weber JL., Heyman MB., Schichtl RL., Verstraete S., Lowery NS., Das SK., Schleicher MM., Rogers G., Economos C., Masters WA., Roberts SB. Energy contents of Frequently Ordered Restaurant Meals and Comparison with Human Energy Requirements and U.S. Department of Agriculture Database Information: A Multisite Randomized Study. J Acad Nutr Diet 2016 Apr; 116(4):590-9.
- Journal Article, Whiteside-Mansell L., Weber J., Moore P., Johnson D., Robbins J., Phillipa B A. School Bonding in Early Adolescence: Psychometrics of the Brief Survey of School Bonding. J of Early Adolescence 2015 April ; 35:245-275.
- Journal Article, Whiteside-Mansell L., Weber J., Moore P., Johnson D., Williams E., Ward W., Robbins J., Phillips A. School bonding in early adolescents: Psychometrics of the Brief Survey of School Bonding. JXE 2015 August; 35:245-275.
- Journal Article, Ward WL., Robbins JM., Williams ER., Whiteside-Mansell L., Harden LE., Rouse H., Weber JL. School Garden Effects on Health and Social Risk Behaviors and Academic Achievement: The Role of School Bonding. JNEB 2013 August;
- Journal Article, Ward WL., Weber JL., Gossett J., Simpson P., Bogle ML., Robbins JM. Health-related quality of life in obese youth in the lower Mississippi Delta. Open J of Prev Med 2012 2(3):332-338.
- Journal Article, Perry TT., Moore PC., Redwine KM., Robbins JM., Weber JL. Physical activity, screen time and pediatric health related quality of life in the Mississippi Delta. J of Prev Med 2012 2(1):1-7.
- Journal Article, Urban LE., McCrory MA., Dallal GE., Das SK., Saltzman E., Weber JL., Roberts SB. Accuracy of stated energy contents of chain restaurant foods in a multi-site study. JAMA 2011 306(3):287-293.
- Journal Article, Farrell VA., Harris M., Lohman TG., Going SB., Thomson CA., Weber J. Comparison between dietary assessment methods for determining associations between nutrient intakes and bone mineral density in postmenopausal women. J Am Diet Assoc 2009 109(5):899-904.
- Journal Article, Champagne CM., Casey PH., Connell CL., Stuff JE., Gossett JM., Harsha DW., McCabe-Sellers B., Robbins JM., Simpson PM., Weber JL., Bogle ML. Poverty and food intake in rural America: diet quality is lower in food insecure adults in the Mississippi Delta. J Am Diet Assoc 2007 Nov; 107(11):1886 - 1894.
Recent Grant Awards
- Arkansas GardenCorps 2016-2017, AmeriCorps, 2016-09-01 00:00:00-2017-08-31 00:00:00
- Banking on School Gardens To Grow Food Security, Bank of America, 2013-01-01 00:00:00-2017-10-31 00:00:00
- Relationship of Physical Activity and Diet with Socio-Demographic, Environmental, and Metabolic Factors in Arkansas Public School Children , USDA, 2015-09-01 00:00:00-2019-08-31 00:00:00
- SCBG Grant: Providing Technical Assistance to Farms and Schools to Increase the use of Farm to School Practices, Arkansas Agriculture Department, 2015-10-01 00:00:00-2017-09-30 00:00:00
- Weber COBRE Admin Core-001 (950), NIH, 1P20GM109096-01A1, 2016-08-01 00:00:00-2021-07-31 00:00:00
- Weber COBRE Biostat Core-001 (344), NIH, 1P20GM109096-01A1, 2016-08-01 00:00:00-2021-07-31 00:00:00
- Weber COBRE Metab Core-002 (269), NIH, 1P20GM109096-01A1, 2016-08-01 00:00:00-2021-07-31 00:00:00