Head Start provides the opportunity to gain new skills, develop skills you already have and may be used as job experience!
How you can be active in Head Start!
- Be a member of Policy Council
- Be on a committee
- Attend parent meetings
- Call other parents (phone tree)
- Help in the office
- Work on the newsletter
- Provide childcare while a parent volunteers
- Sign up for the yearly self-assessment
- Help plan a parent meeting
- Volunteer to chaperon a field trip
- Represent Head Start at a community event
- Read to children in the classroom
- Participate in fatherhood involvement activities